Showing all 9 results
The Pyromaniac Chef loves a good fire. Cooking both in front of you and in her outdoor Fire Kitchen, Kathryn will serve up three courses where wood smoke enhances the local ingredients. Bonfire Steak is equally good for an evening meal or at the heart of Sunday lunch.
Gloucester Studio is a rustic retreat where diners sit on reindeer hides around a crackling fire. Prices include food and drink for up to eight diners. This area is for paying deposits on meals booked at Gloucester Studio. Please check the availability of your preferred date by calling 01452 899888 before booking.
Five courses cooked over five different fires from smoker to tandoori with a cocktail on arrival, flight of wines then schnapps with your tea and coffee.
– Smoked Steam Buns (I put the steamer in my smoker) filled with Chinese Barbecue Pork or Mushrooms smoked over Silver Birch.
– Sea Bass and Cevettes cooked Spanish barbecue style (in a wheelbarrow) with aioli and a smoked salad.
– Seafood Potjie with warm bread from the plancha.
– Tandoori chicken with Indian onions and Vietnamese crispy shallots.
– Aebleskiver with flambéed blackberries and blackberry clotted cream.
Three diners have so far been generous enough to review me on TripAdvisor. This is what they said.
“What an amazing dining experience. From the fires to the dining hut this was a truly unique experience.”
“The choice of menu was elclectic, inspired from many cultures, in surprising combinations. The outcome was striking, unique and of course delicious.”
“One of the most interesting and well thought out meals I’ve ever eaten. Kathryn combined a level of preparation and attention to detail with a light touch and spontaneity that produced food that was outstanding.”
Ten decadent courses following the classic dishes you might expect to be served if you dined at Downton Abbey. The twist is everything is cooked over fire.